HALLOWEEN TRICK OR TREAT SAFE ZONE 2017

The 6th installment of the Downtown Halloween Trick or Treat Safe Zone will take place on Halloween night, October 31 in downtown New Britain. Last year, well over 5,000 children and their parents safely walked the streets, and 30+ candy distribution stops gave out over 55,000 pieces of candy. “That’s over 3/4 of a ton!” said Gerry Amodio, downtown district director. “This grass roots community effort is the brain child of Robin Vinci the owner of the New Britain City Journal. Of course, this event could not happen without the support of many people, especially the City and the NBPD & NB DPW.”

The New Britain Trick or Treat Safe Zone Committee works for months leading up to this event. Fundraisers are held and last year over $6,500 was raised, thanks to the community. This year the fundraising goal is $10,000, so donations are most welcome!

“It could not happen if there were not so many generous people in our City,” said Robin Vinci. “There is nothing quite like seeing the faces on the small children on Halloween night. Parents can be so creative with costumes. Putting this together is a lot of work, but you can’t put a price on fun.”

As in years past, prizes will be given out for the best costumes, both child and adult.

In the Visitor’s Center at 66 West Main St., the Artists’ Co-op holds a haunted house. The event also features DJ’s and special events held in front of City Hall by Mayor Erin Stewart.

If you are interested in donating to this event or becoming otherwise involved, please email: gerry @ newbritiandd.com, or call 860-229-0878.